WHO WE ARE
The international cancer prevention institute (ICPI) is a unique forum for researchers, educators and policy makers to work directly with each other on advancing the prevention of cancer. At the ICPI, we are developing a novel teaching and research institute paradigm that is not limited by physical boundaries and instead brings together members belonging to institutions from around the world. The ICPI aims to foster a small yet international community by placing a strong importance on “the human factor”. By building strong relationships between researchers at universities and large organisations the ICPI community aims to pioneer new initiatives in primary, secondary and tertiary cancer prevention, especially those relating to teaching, education and outreach platforms.
To support cancer prevention through interdiciplinary research, education, training and development
- Individual research programs on early detection of premalignant lesions and management / prevention of their malignant progression
- Establishment of an international school of cancer prevention with residency programs (in Pathology and Dermatology)
- A PhD program with fellowship opportunities and an exchange program
- Opportunities to gain training and accreditation via a virtual learning platform
- Context-specific transfer of screening and early detection technologies to the developing world
- Establishment of cancer registries that record both premalignant and malignant cancers.
WE ARE UNIQUE
Our Size Fits All
Cancer prevention is a monumental and complex challenge composed of a multiplicity of specific tasks that vary greatly across regions, communities and individuals. Using small, focused working-groups allows us to scale-down to the level of these specific challenges, and effectively tailor our responses to the context in which they are required.
Our small size need not impede our reach. Taking advantage of the established networks of participating individuals and institutions, ICPI has developed a presence in multiple locations across Europe, the US, Asia, Australia and Africa.
ICPI is a truly “virtual institute”, not physically limited to a single location, but rather based on a dynamic and open platform to facilitate equitable global collaborations that work toward a common goal.
We Mix It Up
ICPI seeks out a unique mix of participants to form collaborations with a rich skillset and perspective.
We bring together basic researchers, clinicians, public health practitioners, policy makers and humanitarian organizations that have diverse skills but common goals.
Prof. Gian Paolo Dotto
President and Co-Founder
Prof. Cathrin Brisken
President and Co-Founder
Dr. Berna Özdemir
Director of Clinical Activities
Pietro Presti, MBA
Director of Public Relations